Best viewed with Internet Explorer and wide screen. If you are using other internet browser or normal resolution, you may not be able to fully load all the web generators/ functions and/or load my blog properly.

2008-10-23


picture taken from http://photos.tradeholding.com/attach/hash99/61795/anchovy_642.jpg

Note from Ms. Yummy~licious:
Price ranging below RM5 per packet of 200g. Also known as ikan bilis in Bahasa Malaysia.

Note from Wiki:
The anchovies are a family (Engraulidae) of small, common salt-water fish. The anchovy is a small green fish with blue reflections due to a silver longitudinal stripe that runs from the base of the caudal fin. It is a maximum of nine inches (~23 cm) in length and body shape is variable with more slender fish in northern populations. The snout is blunt with small, sharp teeth in both jaws. The mouth is larger than that of herrings and silversides, two fish which anchovies closely resemble. The anchovy eats plankton and fry (recently-hatched fish).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchovye

Recipe/s that use/s this item:
Fried Rice Miss Y Style


First Commentator

Congratulations, Marzie! and thank you for your comments love! ;)

7 comments:

Mariuca said...

CHOP??

Mariuca said...

Wah Glossy is my second visit and EC drop ha ha!! :):):)

Mariuca said...

Oh my! Ikan bilis is my fave la, but never on pizza! ;)

I love my ikan bilis sambal tumis u know, now I feel like making some today he he!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

->mariuca: hello marzie! it's great to see u here again, in the first place! :) congrates, woman!

yumm... ikan bilis sambal tumis is my fave too!! if my NL only got ikan bilis sambal, i can also eat sampai kenyang kenyang!! yumm.. :)

hehe, if you're making today, bring some for me, k! :)

Jackie said...

Well you already know that I don't like them...but YaHooooo I am alone again and can visit everyone!!

Hugs:-)))

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

->shinade: haha, ok, jackie! :)

Duong Truong said...

any body here interested in salted fish ? i'm leading about dried seafood in viet Nam
i'm not adver about me but, i want to share ;))

Powered By Blogger